Eye Health and Fitness Technicals
|Ideal Time||After waking up, during Sun rise and Sun set|
|Workout Time||7-15 + minutes|
|Body parts worked||Eyes|
|Key equipment/s||First Morning Saliva, Pen for gaze exercise, Sun set or Sun rise or Tea light candle|
Eye Health and Fitness Instructions – anyone may perform the following
|Exercises||Time||Alternative suggestion / Notes|
|1 – First Morning Saliva||30 seconds||Gentle rub morning saliva with clean finger into eye|
|2 – Eyeball Fitness||4 minutes||5-10 slow Horizontal movements, 5-10 slow Vertical movements, 5-10 slow Diagonal movements each side, 5-10 Clockwise rotations, 5-10 Anti Clockwise rotations|
|3 – Gaze||30 seconds||8-10 Pin-Point gazing distant to short (use a pen)|
|4 -Sun Gazing||5-10 minutes||3 -10 minutes Gentle/soft Eye contact with Sun during first 30-45 minutes of Sunrise or last 30-45 minutes of Sunset. Increase time daily by 10-20 seconds. Stop when and if it irritates your eye. — (This practice could be extended to 30-45 minutes for those routinely doing it for many years)|
|5 – Cold Water splashing||1 minutes||Splash cold water into eye at wash basin|
|6 – Take breaks every 30 minutes||4-5 minutes||Look at far away objects during Breaks (my personal favourite is Bird Watching).|
Benefits of Sun gazing
Ancient Indian Ayurvedic practices, Egyptians, Shamans, Aztecs and many societies harnessed the orange rise and set energy of the sun for their eye! The Sun during these times radiates the seven colours of the rainbow!
There are innumerable benefits such as:
- Rockets the production of Serotonin – Our ‘feel-good’ hormones!!
- Increased energy levels
- Sharpen your eye gaze
- Source of Vitamin D
- Enhanced time of sun gazing can replace a meal – worth google-ing (a practice commonly practised by Indian yogis) therefore it effectively promotes the following:
- Promotes Weight loss – Sun exposure enhances satiety and loss of desire to eat.
- Enhances size of the pineal gland – The direct sunlight hitting the eye, moves through the retinal-hypothalamic tract, and then hits the brain. This stimulates the pineal gland, also known as the “master gland”.
- Increase production of Melatonin – Our sleep hormone.
More on Morning Saliva
Our morning saliva is concentrated with Bicarbonate, Sodium, Potassium, many vital nutrients and anti-bacterial properties! Commonly many use morning saliva to treat Acne and skin related issues. However, it has astounding benefits even for the eyes! The Morning saliva is most effective as the minerals, enzymes and nutrients presents are most dense. effective because enzymes and salts present in saliva are most dense in the morning
Other Eye Health and Fitness notes
- Let’s be honest, our eyes are perhaps one of our most important and prized assets. Dedicating 5-15 minutes a day for maintaining these pearls isn’t much to ask.
- Use Blue light blocking glasses (you can get a pair on amazon for 10-20 euros).
- Use applications on your electronics to block Blue light radiation
- Bird Watching and Distant object staring will significantly sharpen your eye gaze
- Eat lots of carrots, colourful vegetables, fruits and nuts for Healthy fats
- I confess on days I have slacked the practice, the sharpness (edge detection), and attention span area suddenly reduces within 3-4 days. And when the focus gets weaker, it has a significant impact on other areas of our life too.
Hi, my name is Mohit, and I’m the founder of Samskara. In a world with excessive informational overload, I find happiness in the simplicity of things, from food, to movement and transparent honest communication.
I hope you find the time to make yourself this extremely addictive but healthy treat. Let me know how you like it and do follow me on my social networks! 🙂 IG: mou_so_slo
Book a Health Consultation with Mohit and together you will define the best way to optimize your life. Contact here.
Are you on any of the below Social networks? Follow Samskara via below links:
- Organic Pumpkin Protein (62%) | Raw Cold Pressed Powder | EU Origin | Organic BIO | 1 kg
- Pot Oats – Pumpkin Matcha | Oat Mix | Gluten Free Vegan | Organic BIO | 1 kg
- Hemp Macau | (Hemp, Maca, Cacao) | Organic BIO | 1 kg
- Hemp Protein Powder (50%) | Raw Cold-pressed Alkaline | EU Origin | Organic BIO | 1 kg