The Burpee, probably the least desirable exercise to many, can grow to become one of your favourite all-time movements. It is is a very fulfilling full-body movement. It engages the core, back, shoulders, stabiliser core muscles, legs, arms, and even chest if full version performed.
How to perform a Burpee movement exercise ?
|Warm up+ Workout||Simple Joint Mobility movements|
|Body parts worked||Stabiliser muscles, Core, Shoulders, Back|
Legs, Arms, Chest
|Key equipment/s||Yoga mat if needed|
How to perform a Burpee?
1) Stand shoulder and hip-width apart.
During long in-breath, perform 2 and 3
2) Bending your hip and knee simultaneously, get low with a straight back, placing your hands also, shoulder/hip-width apart, in front of our legs.
3) Using both legs, jump to Extend your legs as far back possible, to bring your body at a plank / push up position.
During out-breath, perform 4 – 6
4) Jump back approaching your feet so they are placed behind your hands
5) Extend fully with a straight back placing your arms by the side of your body.
6) Perform a small jump.
Intermediate and Advanced – perform with a Knee push up / Full push up.
Make sure you have the basic components of the exercise down before you add weights or extra pushups or jumps.
You can further add more variations, such as Jumping Jack -Burpee, Mountain climber -Burpee, Squat Burpees, Burpee Box-Jumps, Burpee 180 Jumps, Burpee Squat jumps, Burpee Split Lunge and many more!!
Remember to warm up your body and joints before aiming for your desired number of repetitions. You can perform anywhere between 100 and 500 repetitions for a good full body routine. Stay composed, breathe deep, and sustain your self during the course of the workout.
Like any exercise, perform them safely and avoid injury.
Start slowly and just do a few reps at first. Once you get used to the move, try adding more reps. Try to work up to doing 8 or 10 reps in a row before pausing, then doing another set.
Because you need to drop to a pushup, the movement can put extra stress on your wrists and shoulders, so start slow and progress at your pace. There should never be any hurry.
Hi, my name is Mohit, and I’m the founder of Samskara. In a world with excessive informational overload, I find happiness in the simplicity of things, from food to movement and communication
I hope you find the time to make yourself this extremely addictive but healthy treat. Let me know how you like it and do follow me on my social networks! ? IG: mou_so_slo
Join our group meditation. Contact us here.
Are you on any of the below Social networks? Follow Samskara via below links:
- Organic Pumpkin Protein (62%) | Raw Cold Pressed Powder | EU Origin | Organic BIO | 1 kg
- Pot Oats – Pumpkin Matcha | Oat Mix | Gluten Free Vegan | Organic BIO | 1 kg
- Hemp Macau | (Hemp, Maca, Cacao) | Organic BIO | 1 kg
- Hemp Protein Powder (50%) | Raw Cold-pressed Alkaline | EU Origin | Organic BIO | 1 kg