About cocoa nibs
Cocoa nibs are the essence of cocoa. It is obtained from the cocoa bean, which is roasted and coarsely ground, with no added sugar, sweeteners or other additives.
Cocoa nibs have a sweet, chocolatey taste and are an excellent topping or a really healthy substitute for chocolate chips.
From the beginning of its history, cocoa has been used as a currency. Called “food of the gods”, it has always seduced people for its high nutritional value.
Benefits of Cocoa Nibs
Rich in Antioxidants
Cocoa nibs are known for their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, as they are very rich in polyphenols (flavonoids), which are protective nutrients that can help prevent disease.
Psychostimulant and tonic properties
Cocoa nibs also have psychostimulant and tonic properties, thanks to their theobromine and anandamide content, which improves cognitive functions.
Rich in Magnesium
Cocoa nibs are one of the main dietary sources of magnesium, the mineral that keeps you in a good mood and an excellent anti-fatigue agent.
Rich in Sulfur and Zinc
Cocoa nibs are rich in sulfur and zinc, perfect for the reconstruction of collagen, keratin, and consequently in the resistance of hair, skin and nails.
- Put all the ingredients in the bowl of your blender.
- Add them as a garnish
- In your breakfast bowls of oatmeal, in your smoothie bowls or in your cakes …
- Almond and Cocoa Nibs Energy Balls
- List of ingredients for about 12 energy balls :
- 120 g pitted dates
- 70 g whole almonds
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespooncocoa nibs
- Mix until you obtain a slightly sticky paste.
- If the mixture is too dry, add some dates. If the dough is too wet, add some almonds.
- Form 12 identical balls by rolling them with your hands.
- If you want a prettier result, roll them in a little cocoa.
- Put themin an airtight box in a cool place.
- You can serve it and all you have to do is enjoy it!