Texturized Pea Protein – Cooking
Our Textured Pea Protein is allergen free and are non-GMO which makes them a great alternative to soy and wheat products. Additionally, their natural glutamic acid content offers a taste that makes it particularly well suited for meat-based and culinary applications.
Soy and or Meat alternative
Can be used to formulate vegan alternatives to traditional processed soy or meat products such as patties, meatballs, nuggets etc. Because of their elastic texture and high-water retention, our Texturized pea proteins can be easily moulded into various shapes and forms. They can be cooked by various processes i.e. grilled, microwaved. The resulting finished products are juicy yet firm.
Our Texturized pea proteins are more sustainable and have a lower environmental impact than many other protein sources. They are allergen free, are highly soluble, and exhibit excellent emulsifying properties. Texturized pea proteins are non-GMO, cholesterol-free, and highly digestible.
Protein concentrates are produced in a dry mechanical process without the use of water and chemicals, which means that the rich content of natural nutrients is maintained.
The best results are obtained if the dry products are immersed in cold water with a content of at least 1% salt. Product must be drained when full hydration is obtained. The recommended hydration time is 40 minutes before cooking.
Texturized Pea Protein Pizza!
Stuffed Peppers with Texturized Pea Protein
1 cup of Texturized Pea Protein Powder
1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
1/2 cup of chopped yellow onion
2 chopped garlic cloves
2 Tablespoons of seasoning for tacos
1 tin of diced tomatoes
1 cup of cooked brown rice
1 tin of black beans , drained and rinsed
1 jalapeño, without seeds, chopped
2 tablespoons of tomato paste
1 cup of vegan cheese
4 peppers, cut in half
- HYDRATE IN WATER FOR A MINIMUM OF 40 MINUTES IF IT IS GRANULES, 60 MINUTES IF THEY ARE LOST. USE AS A MEAT REPLACEMENT IN YOUR DISHES
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a deep skillet, add olive oil and onion. Cook over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes or until onion is translucent.
Add garlic and taco seasoning. Cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes, rice, beans, jalapeño, tomato paste and pea protein. Simmer 5 minutes.
Add 1/2 cup cheese and cook another 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted.
Place halved bell peppers in a 9″ x 11 baking dish. Divide the turnover between peppers.
Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and divide the other 1/2 cup of cheese over the peppers.
Bake another 15-20 minutes or until peppers are tender and cheese is browned. Serve with chopped cilantro, jalapeño and/or sour cream.
MEGA Protein Veggie Tacos
Ingredients (serves one person – 3 tacos):
60g textured pea protein (this product).
1/2 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 teaspoon agave nectar or maple syrup
1 and 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon tomato sauce
3 taco shells
1/2 diced tomato
1/2 avocado, sliced
1) Rehydrate the textured pea protein in hot water. Set aside.
2) In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and sauté onion for 5 to 10 minutes.
3) Add garlic, chili powder, agave nectar or maple syrup, soy sauce and ketchup. Mix well.
4) Mix in rehydrated textured pea protein and soaking water.
5) Continue cooking until liquid has evaporated. If the texture becomes too dry, add 1 cup (250 ml) of water to the mixture.
6) Pour the mixture into the tacos and garnish with lettuce, tomato and avocado and eat!
Process for the production of Texturized Pea Protein
The process is pure dry mechanical without the use of water or chemicals.
1) The peas and beans are shelled as the beans are separated from the shell.
2) The beans are ground to a fine powder.
3) With an air centrifuge, the flour is separated into two parts: – a) protein part of flour (55% -60%) and – b) starch-rich powder.
4) Texturisation of flour protein part (shape determined by the tube nozzle and flour protein concentration).
The product may have a label / sticker in English.
Energy 1466 kj / 346 kcal
Organic production is part of the solution for:
- Protection of our groundwater from pesticides
- Protect our food from and earth unwanted chemicals
★ Packaged with peace and love ★
★ Product may have a Spanish label/sticker ★
Ingredients: 80% Organic Pea Protein Concentrate (Pea –PisumSativum), 20% organic Bean Protein Concentrate (Faba Bean-Vicia Faba) and salt. Origin: European Union
Texturized Pea Protein Granules – Interactional video with the Founder!
Incase you would like to consider our other Protein Sources available in powder form, regularly used by Plant based athletes, check them out here!